Saturday, September 12, 2009

Album of The Week


All the albums I've listen to all week I was listening to Donald Byrd's 1969 "Fancy Free" the most. From the Album cover to the music it's just plain perfection. The album only has 4 songs but my favorite off the album has to be track 2 "I love the Girl". The song is beautiful! Check it out please its an amazing piece of work. The Album title is brilliant in itself for the definition of "Fancy Free" Means -
fan·cy-free
adj.
1. Having no commitments or restrictions; carefree.
2. Not in love or married; unattached.

The definition could be look in many ways, maybe he's talking about his love life or maybe he's just talking about the fact his music has no restriction and it's carefree. When I listen to this album I lie to you not, it makes me feel carefree. The Album was released in 1969 by Blue Note Records. If you don't know who Blue Note Records is or what they're responsible for go google them like NOW!



Track List -
1. Fancy Free
2. I Love the Girl
3. Uptowner
4. Weasil


No comments:

Post a Comment